What Did You Change It To?

Wednesday, November 09, 2005

I Ride The Bus

I have consistently crammed my current black messenger bag full of crap long enough that it has once again reached the point at which it is beginning to fall apart. The stitching under the handle on the top of the bag has come completely undone, making it look like the top half will rip off any minute now.

I carried this bag slung on my shoulder on my way to the bus. Since I'd probably be waiting for the bus for a while, I decided to run two quick errands.

First, I bought a cheeseburger from the near-by Burger King because I'm a health-nut and I love taking care of myself.

Then I bought 16 plastic hangers from CVS. I'm not giving a reason for that.

Of course when I got to the M23 bus terminal, a bus was already idling in place. This caused me to run like a maniac, swearing to myself, ripped bag swinging wildly around my neck, half-eaten cheesburger in hand, carrying a big goddamned CVS bag filled with plastic hangers.

It was at this point that I realized that I had become the crazy person on the bus.

1 Comments:

  • joel,

    thats totally depressing and hillarious. you must feel bad. i think dignity is an important thing. moree important than life, actually, which makes sense. for example, if you were pinned underneath a wrecked automobile, and the only way to escape would be to saw off you own legs, would you do it ? the answer is no. the other big thing, is never, ever, RUN FOR THE BUS. this gives you a greater degree of self respect. and once you've made the committment, you'll be pleasantly surprised, that you never miss any more busses. dignity joel. dignity.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


 
Free Web Site Counter
Web Site Counter